Things to do
Hosanna is only 30 min away from the Gold Coast and is an ideal location for a day school excursion. Visit our farm with your students or come to enjoy one of our facilitated games. You have access to all facilities and students can jump in the dam afterwards. Camp Hosanna can assist with catering if required and helps you with getting all the documentation ready. Your school group will have a great day! The following prices are based on access to Camp Hosanna facilities and your selected activity.
Farm Visit – $ 16 p/student
Katapult- $ 24 p/student
Amazing Race – $ 24 p/student
Soft Farm Experience
Visit Hosanna Farm and meet the animals! This day excursion program is tailored to meet the needs of infants and lower primary school students.
- be introduced to all our farm animals and also insects, birds, worms and plants.
- learn to see the different needs the animals and plants have and how their needs are related.
- understand that caring for living creatures and the environment means looking after them for the benefit of all.
- experience how to look after the animals and plants by helping with feeding the cows, horses, goats, chickens and rabbits & guinea pigs, milking the cows and visiting the garden.
- learn that all animals, plants and human life on the farm are interrelated.
Naturally safety comes first and our staff will see to it that your students are well cared for and taught safe farm practices. Our staff love to encourage your students to ask questions, explore our environment and recount their experiences in their own words. Hosanna staff live on the farm and are passionate about their experience and knowledge of living on the land.
A day program includes milking the cows and feeding the other animals. We will visit the garden, do some light work and teach about plant and animal life. Morning tea and lunch can be provided but you are welcome to use our facilities and bring your own! We welcome groups at around 9 am and see them off at 2 pm. See the day excursion program.
Cost: $16 pp excluding catering
Group size: 15 pp min.
The youngest recommended age is 10 years. This activity aims for learning outcomes in the areas of leadership, strategy and team building. Katapult is a 3 hr activity, but you can also play a shorter version of 1.5 hrs. However this forfeits the learning outcomes.A day program includes a full game of Katapult. Morning tea and lunch can be provided but you are welcome to use our facilities and bring your own! We welcome groups at around 9 am and see them off at 2 pm. See the day excursion program.
Cost: $24 pp excluding catering ($20 pp with shorter version)
Group size: 20-100 pp.
Cost: $24 pp excluding catering
Group size: 20 pp min.